The Board of Trustees reviewed the uniform in 2020/2021 and have passed the following updates to the existing uniform.
Our uniform will be combined until 2024 when the new uniform will become mandatory.
Uniform Supplier: Susan Ross:
|MONDAY||10.00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m (as of 15 Sept 2022 closed on Mondays until further notice)|
|TUESDAY||10.00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|WEDNESDAY||10.00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|THURSDAY||10.00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|FRIDAY||10.00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
In January 2022 Susan Ross became our major uniform supplier. She will come into the school once per term to hold a uniform sale.
School Office: Summer hats we have small, medium, large and x-large available for purchase.
The St Peters School uniform is compulsory. However, if there are circumstances which prevent your child from wearing the correct school uniform please do not hesitate to let the home base teacher know. We understand that there may be individual cases where exemptions are necessary.
3. Identified as a St Peter’s School pupil and that the uniform is to be worn with pride, and correctly.
St Peter’s Unisex Uniform
(reviewed by the BoT 2021 – a combination of the new and existing uniform is acceptable until Jan 2023).
- Polo top navy short sleeve with white trim and school embroidered logo
- Skort OR culotte (existing) in black watch Tartan
- OR Skirt in black watch Tartan
- OR Navy drill shorts – (Juniors) ½ elastic waist with logo
- OR Navy drill shorts – zip fly, side tabs and logo
- Bottle green – wool jersey NZ made, with logo embroidery
- AND/OR Navy soft shell jacket with school embroidery logo (see year 7 & 8 jacket information below)
- Sox –navy ankle
- Black – school shoes
- Bottle green – wide brim hat – These can be purchased at the school office. Hats will be worn outside for morning tea/lunch/outdoor activities until the end of the school day every day during Term 1 and Term 4. Caps are not acceptable for our ‘sun smart school’.
- Children who are not wearing a hat will play in designated areas only, under the umbrellas outside Inaka and Tuaki. Parents will be contacted if children continually arrive without hats.
Seniors Only – Y 7 & 8
- Navy soft shell jacket with Logo embroidery & ‘senior’ print on back (ordered at the start of the school year by the school office).
PE Uniform – (As at Feb 2022 Susan Ross will supply our PE uniform).
- Bottle green top with St Peters embroidery on sleeve.
- Navy sport fabric short.
PE for Years 1 & 2 – Please have your children wear, navy or green clothing that enables movement. (not a requirement to be the St Peter’s PE uniform at this level).
OPTIONAL ITEMS –
Navy school long pant – Poly/wool winter option – Sourced by parents.
Navy – thermal polyprop (winter) to be worn under the polo top – Sourced by parents.
Current uniform items still able to be worn until 2024:
- Boys grey drill winter and summer shirts.
- Boys grey drill winter and summer shorts.
- Girls Tunic in black watch check.
- White summer and winter blouses.
- Boys grey knee high winter and summer ankle grey socks.
- Green wool jersey.
- Green polar fleece.
Hair – hair past shoulder length should be tied back and bottle green or black or navy hair ties. Ribbons or headbands may be worn.
Jewellery – Only necklaces of religious or cultural significance may be worn, these are to be worn under the clothing and not on the outer layer.
Bracelets, anklets and rings are not to be worn (unless medical alert).
Earrings – only simple silver or gold studs are permitted.
Nail polish – is not to be worn to school.
Note – anything that is not part of the uniform, e.g. shorts/tops/leggings worn under uniform, must not be visible from the outside.
Second Hand Uniform
Our PTA manage our second hand uniforms. Uniforms are donated back to the school and the PTA prepares them and sells them back to the community at very reasonable cost. Please ask or email the PTA: firstname.lastname@example.org Periodically the PTA will hold a second hand uniform sale after school.
If you have uniform pieces that are still in good condition, you can donate these to the PTA anytime.