Coming to Saint Peter's School offers your child the opportunity to become part of a wonderful community of families. We welcome new families to our school, and we also love it when we are blessed with families whose parents (and their parents) came here too. We appreciate our past and our present, and we also look forward to a vibrant learning future.
- Saint Peter's School is a state integrated, full-primary, Catholic School
- We enrol students from New Entrants through to Year 8 and have approximately 165 students attend school each day. When our roll is capped, our office administrator begins to add names to both our preference and non-preference list. We follow the mandated guidelines for preference places, and will be in touch with families when an opening arises
- We were founded in 1927 by the Sisters of Our lady of the Missions (R.N.D.M.) and we continue to have a wonderful relationship with these sisters. We believe that our Religious Education teaching has a greater sense of value when our students understand the setting in which they are working.
OUR VISION AND VALUES
With Catholic faith as our compass we are learners for life.
We are guided by our gospel values. They are at the heart of all we do.
Our values are promoted and embedded in our teaching and learning:
- Whakaute - having respect
- Rangimarie - being peaceful, inclusive and empathetic
- Māia - being confident and courageous, and building capability and resilience
- Pākiki - showing curiosity and enthusiasm
OUR SCHOOL CULTURE
Our school has an inclusive, caring culture which supports all students to experience success. Students are encouraged to take risks with their learning and are supported to achieve their goals. Students' background, culture, strengths, knowledge and interest are known, valued and affirmed. We are a culturally diverse community. Students are encouraged to follow their passions and to strive towards their personal best. We work to particularly enhance Māori tikanga and Music as we believe these are vital to our children's holistic growth.
We recognise the importance of hauora / well-being and take a holistic approach to education. We nurture students' physical, spiritual, social and emotional well-being. Saint Peter's School utilises Mana Ake, and wider services as required.
Staff are committed to helping students achieve and they strive to provide learning programmes that are child centred, authentic, purposeful and responsive to individual learning needs. They provide opportunities for students to work collaboratively, think critically, problem solve and manage their own learning. Digital technology is used effectively to support and enhance learning.
Our students participate in a range of cultural, musical and sporting activities. Everyone learns and performs in Kapa Haka. A range of itinerant music lessons are able to be booked through independent contractors, and our Choir performs regularly for school, church and the community. We were proud of our students' success at Sport Zones in 2021.
Senior students are encouraged to take on leadership roles and the concept of tuakana-teina (older students teaching younger students) is promoted through our buddy system and whānau groups. We are developing our student council in 2022.
If you would like to learn more about our school or would like to enquire about enrolling your child, please phone the school 03 3327598 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.